The Lightning Ridge Opal festival is a four day event held over the last week in July and includes the Opal Queen Ball, Opal & Gem Festival, IOJDAA Trade Show and Jewellery Competition (biennial - 2015).
Attracting over 4,000 visitors to the town it is the largest on the Opal event circuit. Jewellers, buyers, wholesalers, miners, rock hounds, lapidary enthusiasts and tourists are invited to experience the best Lightning Ridge has to offer with this culmination of information, spectacular jewellery, collectables, great deals and fantastic networking opportunities.
Next year’s event is set to be the biggest and best so far, so be sure to be in the Ridge over 30th July – 2nd August 2015
For more information
2015 is a blockbuster year for The Opal Festival in Lightning Ridge
30th July – 2nd August 2015
Lightning Ridge Opal Festival
~ About the Festival ~
Jewellers, buyers, wholesalers, miners, rock hounds, lapidary enthusiasts and tourists are invited to experience the best Lightning Ridge has to offer with this culmination of information, spectacular jewellery, collectables, great deals and fantastic networking opportunities.
The Opal & Gem Expo boasts over 120 stalls with a huge range of products including gemstones, tools, lapidary supplies and lifestyle products.
For more information: Lightning Ridge Opal & Gem Expo Stall Bookings.
For more information about entering the awards or Stall Bookings at the Opal Trade Show, please see www.iojdaa.com.au or phone 0428 292 118
~ When and Where ~
Thursday 30th July to Sunday 2nd August 2015 - 9.00am to 5.00pm daily -
Lightning Ridge Bowling Club
Morilla Street, Lightning Ridge, NSW 2834
~ The Festival includes: ~
- 30th July – 2nd August: Opal & Gem Expo
- 30th July - 2nd August: Opal Jewellery Design Trade Show (Opal Carving)
- 31stJuly (Fri): Opal Jewellery Design Awards
- 1st August (Sat): Opal Queen Ball
~ Lightning Ridge Opal Festival Program ~
29 July Wednesday
- 7.30pm: Treasury Welcome Stallholders Wine & Cheese Night @ the Lightning Ridge & District Bowling Club
30th July – 2nd August Thursday to Sunday (open daily):
- 9.00am: Opal & Gem Expo Entry. FREE
- 10.00am: IOJDAA Opal Trade Show Entry. $5.00 per person
31st August Friday
- 7.00PM: Opal Jewellery Design Awards dinner at the Lightning Ridge Bowling Club (Entertainment to be advised)
1st August Saturday
- 8.00pm: Opal Queen Ball (Doors open 7:30pm)
- Tickets: $25 (available at door) at the Lightning Ridge Bowling Club
- Ticket price includes 1 complimentary glass of wine on arrival, and entertainment.
- Food available through Bistro prior to event.
- Charities – put your support behind your favourite entrant – the winner of Miss Popularity will receive a $500 cheque to donate to her nominated charity.