The Lightning Ridge Opal festival is a four-day event held at the end of July each year and includes the Opal & Gem Festival, Opal Queen Ball, , IOJDAA Trade Show and Jewellery Competition (biennial - 2019).
Attracting over 5,000 visitors to the town it is the largest on the Opal event circuit. Jewellers, buyers, wholesalers, miners, rock hounds, lapidary enthusiasts and tourists are invited to experience the best Lightning Ridge has to offer with this culmination of information, spectacular jewellery, collectables, great deals and fantastic networking opportunities.
This year’s event is set to be the biggest and best so far, so be sure to be in the Ridge over Wednesday 24th - Saturday 27th July 2019.
For more information
2019 is a blockbuster year for The Opal Festival in Lightning Ridge
Wednesday 24th - Saturday 27th July 2019.
Lightning Ridge Opal Festival
~ About the Festival ~
Jewellers, buyers, wholesalers, miners, rock hounds, lapidary enthusiasts and tourists are invited to experience the best Lightning Ridge has to offer with this culmination of information, spectacular jewellery, collectables, great deals and fantastic networking opportunities.
The Opal & Gem Expo boasts over 200 stalls with a huge range of products including gemstones, tools, lapidary supplies and lifestyle products.
For more information: Lightning Ridge Opal & Gem Expo.
For more information about Stall Bookings at the Opal Expo please call 0407 956 990 or for Trade show stall bookings and the awards please see iojdaa.com.au or phone 0437 265 696.
~ When and Where ~
Wednesday 24th - Saturday 27th July 2019
Lightning Ridge Bowling Club: Morilla Street, Lightning Ridge, NSW 2834
~ Lightning Ridge Opal Festival Program ~
24th July - 27th July: Thursday to Sunday (open daily):
- 9.00am: Opal & Gem Expo Entry. FREE
- 10.00am: IOJDAA Opal Trade Show Entry - carving demonstrations, stalls and displays
26th July: Friday
- IOJDAA Awards Dinner (Doors open 6 pm - show starts at 7 pm)
- Tickets: $110 (Pre-purchased)
- DRESS CODE: Masquerade Ball
27th July: Saturday
- Opal Queen Ball (Doors open 7.30pm - show starts at 8 pm)
- Tickets: $25 (available on the door)
- Ticket price includes 1 complimentary glass of Treasury wine on arrival and entertainment.
- Food available through Bowling Club Bistro prior to the event.
- DRESS CODE: Cocktail/Black Tie - THEME RED ON BLACK