The Lightning Ridge Opal festival is a four day event held over the last week in July and includes the Opal Queen Ball, Opal & Gem Festival, IOJDAA Trade Show and Jewellery Competition (biennial - 2017).
Attracting over 4,000 visitors to the town it is the largest on the Opal event circuit. Jewellers, buyers, wholesalers, miners, rock hounds, lapidary enthusiasts and tourists are invited to experience the best Lightning Ridge has to offer with this culmination of information, spectacular jewellery, collectables, great deals and fantastic networking opportunities.
This year’s event is set to be the biggest and best so far, so be sure to be in the Ridge over Wednesday 25th - Saturday 28th July 2018.
For more information
2018 is a blockbuster year for The Opal Festival in Lightning Ridge
Wednesday 25th - Saturday 28th July 2018.
Lightning Ridge Opal Festival
~ About the Festival ~
Jewellers, buyers, wholesalers, miners, rock hounds, lapidary enthusiasts and tourists are invited to experience the best Lightning Ridge has to offer with this culmination of information, spectacular jewellery, collectables, great deals and fantastic networking opportunities.
The Opal & Gem Expo boasts over 200 stalls with a huge range of products including gemstones, tools, lapidary supplies and lifestyle products.
For more information: Lightning Ridge Opal & Gem Expo.
For more information about entering the awards or Stall Bookings at the Opal Trade Show, please see www.iojdaa.com.au or phone 0407 956 990 or 0428 292 118
~ When and Where ~
Wednesday 25th - Saturday 28th July 2018 - 9.00am to 5.00pm daily -
Lightning Ridge Bowling Club
Morilla Street, Lightning Ridge, NSW 2834
~ The Festival includes: ~
- 25th - 28th July: Opal & Gem Expo
- Free entry to outdoor stalls & stalls in the Beer garden of the Lightning Ridge Bowling Club.
- Open daily from, 9am - 5pm Wednesday - Saturday
- 25th - 28th July: IOJDAA Trade Show
- Gold Coin donation entry fee, Legends room of the Bowling Club
- Open daily from, 10am - 5pm Wednesday - Saturday
- 28th July (Saturday): Annual Red on Black Opal Queen Ball
~ Lightning Ridge Opal Festival Program ~
25th July - 28th July: Thursday to Sunday (open daily):
- 9.00am: Opal & Gem Expo Entry. FREE
- 10.00am: IOJDAA Opal Trade Show Entry. Gold Coin Donation (open to the public) - carving demonstrations, stalls and displays
28th July: Saturday
- Opal Queen Ball (Doors open 7.30pm - show starts 8pm)
- Tickets: $25 (available on the door)
- Ticket price includes: 1 complimentary glass of Treasury wine on arrival and entertainment.
- Food available through Bowling Club Bistro prior to event.
- DRESS CODE: Cocktail/Black Tie - THEME RED ON BLACK
CHARITIES - Put your support behind your favourite entrant - the winner of People's Choice will receive a $500
cheque to donate to her nominated charity.